Thursday

Trials

This blog is an attempt.

It is an attempt to increase my abilities as a writer.

It sounds weird even saying that. "... a writer" Writers are those people who sit around and spill out these incredible conjunctions of words that everybody awes in amazement at how they have been able to convey their thoughts or paint this incredible mental picture. I think that people that have the ability to do that are truly gifted.

I don't think that I am gifted in that area. I just think that it is fun, and that it gives my brain a good work-out.

I have another blog that I have been writing in since September 2003. I have had a lot of fun trying to put things on there that are both interesting and entertaining. And I have seen that blog grow and change over its first year of existence.

The purpose of this blog, as I mentioned before, is to attempt to write a short story. The story is about a guy living in typical suburbia, dealing with the trials of having neighbors. As you read it, I am sure that you will begin to pick up on the symbolism involved in this story.

If you enjoy this story at all, or just have some constructive criticism to share, feel free to leave me a comment.

Thank you and enjoy,

Matt

No comments:

This Too Shall Pass

When some great sorrow, like a mighty river, Flows through your life with peace-destroying power And dearest things are swept from sight for...